Friday, May 7, 2010

Furniture shopping with Tammy

Yesterday we went to most of the furniture stores in town.  We separated immediately upon entering the stores!  She was searching for leather and I for a "cottagey" slip covered sofa. The salespeople pointed us to our appropriate corners and we shouted out for each other if we found something interesting!

You can see her interests on her blog Skip to my Ewe. (click on name to go there~this Windows Live won't let me make my links another color!)

Here is what I've decided on.  

red pottery barn sofa

I was Sooo sure I wanted a white slip covered sofa until I brought home the swatches and put them up against the walls and curtains in my living room.  Too blah for me.

So red it is!  And I think Tammy is choosing at least one piece of red leather.  Must be our bashful personalities...not.

Last week I bought this settee at a garage sale.  I think it will look good with the red sofa.  (Those are the sofa color swatches on it)settee and sofa swatches

I didn't want to get into a red, white and blue color scheme, then I remembered this wingback chair I reupholstered that is in my hooking room now.  I think it will bring the room together!  Eclectic...Just how I like it.

furniture 004

Poor Mickey said it sounds like I've already made up my mind when I asked him if he wanted to go look at it.  He just can't understand why I keep buying couches.  The only reason I Hate the one we have now is that the back cushions aren't attached and the seat cushions scoot out every time you sit on it.  It's a very soft cotton material, almost slick~pretty...but it makes me CRAZY!

Started radiation treatments this Monday.  One week under my belt.  Only six more weeks to go.  It really goes quickly.  I'm in and out in fifteen minutes.  The only bad thing is that it's at 2:00 every afternoon.  Right in the middle of the day.

Also been working like a dog in the garden.  Trying to get everything planted before the side effects of the radiation catch up with me.  They say it causes fatigue~as in you have to take a nap every day.  YUK!  I don't want to take naps. 

I've got some livin' to do!

Have a great weekend.

Peace,

Sheri

13 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

So great to hear from you again!! I love the slipcover look, too ~ nice and casual feeling!! Sounds like you're on a roll ~ you go, girl!! We're all proud of you!!

Unknown said...

Now that is some great lookin furniture. Looks so comfy and casual.

Happy to hear you are doing the radiation. It will be over before you know it. It was kinda a pain going in the afternoon, but my girlfriend and I just made a little shopping or eating trip of it each day.

Hope to meet you some day, felt so bad I didn't get to come to Springfield.

Joanne said...

Ooh great find at a garage sale! I would LOVE a new couch myself but not in the cards right now! Love teh red!

Cathy G. said...

Sheri I think that red slipcover is great! Wish I could find some decent furniture at a tag sale around here...very hard to do! I'm glad the radiation is going smoothly and maybe you can take some short naps! Heck 20 minutes or so on your new slipcovered couch sounds good to me! Take care and keep us posted on your progress! Cathy G

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Love the red! Will look great with your other furniture.
Glad you are doing well, wonderful news :).

Rugs and Pugs said...

Sheri ~
So good to hear from you. Happy re-decorating.
The weeks will fly by and you will have the summer to enjoy.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Your an inspiration to me and I'm sure so many others. I love your attitude and really need to adopt a lil of that!
The chair you had reupholstered.......Love it! Your slip cover couch will look lovely with it too. Have a great day! Cathy

Gayle said...

Love the wing back chair you did yourself! Kinda reminds me of the one in my studio - I'll have to share a picture of it one of these days.......

Ter'e said...

Red red red red red red red................love me some red!!!!! LUV IT!!!!!!
I have a navy blue leather l-shaped sofa. Love it - but would have loved RED better. Honey said no.

It's just a color that sings and makes you feel better instantly.

I'm so proud of you Sheri. Girl you are getting thru all this mess........and soon you will be living life to the fullest.

So proud..................

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love your sofa choice, Sheri! I wanted to get back to you about the Seed Box. They don't have shop hours, rats, at least now for least. I would love them to open a few days each month to public sales, We would go crazy! But it's good you let them know, they may consider doing this!
Take care of yourself, rest if you need to. You'll be feeling better soon!
big hugs,
Debra

summersundays-jw said...

Love the red sofa. I have one & I love it. It's a slipcover so I'm having Carol from Leola's make me a cream-colored one to use in the summer. My house is too dark in the summer. Also, I have Sweet Annie already coming up in the garden so if your seeds don't take off, have Dulcy bring you over & I'll give you some starts. So glad you're doing well -- allow yourself a nap then you can stay up and watch Letterman. Take care! Jan

Miccosukee said...

Girlfriend,
Love the red sofa. Right now I can't fit anything that big in this tiny place. I will be happy when I can find a new bigger place. Now that settee is wonderful! Living in a college town you can get some good buys but prices have gone up at garage sales, at least here.

Like your decorating scheme, just glad you aren't going with the parrot green on your walls. Am always happy to come to your blog and read how well you are. Keep it up!!

Elizabeth said...

Your room is going to look fabulous. I just love that garage sale sofa - why do I never find things like that??!! Re your other sofa - could you put upholstery strength velcro tabs on the bottom of the seats to hold them in place?

It's great to see you looking so well. xx