Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Tammy

Yesterday……I’m sorry I’m so slow.  I told her I was coming over for happy hour earlier in the week and I guess she didn’t really believe me!  I called and Kenny answered at around 4:30 and told him I was on my way!!!  Tammy was not home from work yet (shopping at TJ MAXX-one of her favs)  They had dinner plans with her family at 6:00 so I didn’t bring any “happy” for the hour.  I bought her a pair of origami earrings made by a local artist who donated the proceeds to Japan relief.  They were for sale at the flea market where we used to have a booth.  So while I was there I also got her a little china plate thingy to put her jewelry in.  It was made in Japan many years ago.  I thought it was so appropriate!

Here are some pics of what Kenny and the “kids” (dogs) got her. 

This WOW hat for lounging by the pool.

Tammy bday 012

And the kids got her both these pair of earrings.  Big earrings are her trademark.  They look so good on her.

Tammy bday 010

I have finished the front panel of the purse I’m making for my radiation oncologist.  The writing says “Thank You” in Korean. (I hope)  If any of you know the language, please make sure I’m doing it right!  I’d hate for it to say something insulting!!!  I googled Korean writing and this is the best I could do at copying it!  I added the pink ribbon and of course the writing to the pattern from Susan Quicksall.

I love her stuff….all of it!rug for Dr. Ki, 001

This evening we had my parents over for dinner.  Turkey al a king!  We love it and haven’t had it for years.  My mom gave me her recipe and on it was written, “Sheri’s specialty-Love it!”  Of course Mickey wouldn’t even taste it!  For dessert I made a frozen fruit salad.  It had cream cheese, sour cream, apricots, cherries and pineapple and lots of added sugar.  It was excellent!  You make it in a mold.  Had to get that at the flea market too!  I don’t remember the last time I used a Jell-O mold!?!?  We loved it-Mickey wouldn’t even taste it!  He had leftover chicken and baked potato from last night and a fudge cycle!

My dad and Jimmie Dean.  Note: they’re NOT dog people-but they really like JD!

mom and dad for dinner and purse front finished 010

My mom… I think she’s talking in this pic!  She’ll be 82 years old next month!!!  Do you see any wrinkles?  Incredible!

mom and dad for dinner and purse front finished 012

mom and dad for dinner and purse front finished 016

I don’t know what Mickey is doing.  Probably wishing if he closes his eyes we will disappear!  He put the E in Crabby this evening before they got here!! He straightened up for company though. LOL.  He’s putting in WAAAY too much overtime and worn out.  (He’s a supervisor at a dental lab-he does orthodontics-retainers and appliances to make you look pretty)

mom and dad for dinner and purse front finished 014

I’ve got my days and nights reversed again.  Last night I finally went to bed at 3:00 am and slept until 11:00 this morning.  It’s 11:00 pm now and I’m kinda sleepy.  Going to go try to get some sleep.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Peace,

Sheri

7 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Wow! Your mom looks great! And that's great news for you ~ good genes ~ lucky girl!! Tammy looks great, too ~ nice hat! You ~ you look healthy and oh, so happy ~ that's wonderful to see! Dinner sounded very tasty!

Tammy Burks said...

:) Wishing I would have had on something more glamorous than scrubs, but such is my life.....NOT glamorous most of the time :)

Julia said...

WOW indeed. Your mom looks fantastic and you resemble her. I think that it's very nice of you to make your oncologist a beautiful purse. She will love it, how could she not?

Thanks for the reminder that it's Tammy's birthday. Your little doggie is so adorable. I can tell that he 's popular with everyone. Maybe it's a she...

I hope that you got all rested. JB

Rugs and Pugs said...

Sherry ~
Happy birthday to Tammy!
Your mom is beautiful! Dad quite handsome, too. And it goes without saying that JD is precious.
Your purse is a very thoughtful gift. I hope she appreciates all the time and effort you are putting in it.
Your dessert recipe sounds yummy! Care to share?
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Unknown said...

Your parents are both happy and healthy looking.
Can't wait for your oncologists reaction when you give her the purse.

acorn hollow said...

You have great genes you mom looks wonderful. Your fur babies are so cute.
cathy

Shauna said...

Hope you have a great weekend!
Come enter to win some great giveaways here:
http://www.trying2staycalm.com/