Sunday, October 24, 2010

I had no idea it was this late!

I've been on Facebook, looking up old girlfriends from high school.  I went to the kitchen to get some water and the clock said 10:30!  I thought it was around 8:30 or 9:00!

I've made some more progress on Max.  This is day six, I think.  He's really moving along!  I know the right eye (to our right) looks funky, but I'm saving those for last.  And I'm not happy with the yellow color on top of his head.  Too mustardy.

JD in worm basket 003

 

Last Thursday I went to the Friends of the Library annual book sale and came home with quite a pile of books.  Lots of picture books, I call them. Then this afternoon Mickey and I were out looking at the beautiful foliage and I remembered that today was the last day of the sale.  Everything you can fit in a bag for ONE DOLLAR!  Well, the "better" books were a bag full for five dollars!  Still, we got three bags full.  Mick didn't like it so much.  He thinks I am definitely on my way to being a hoarder.  I bought three Huge dictionaries for my visual journaling.   He was not impressed, but carried them to the car and almost kept his mouth shut, like a good little hubby!

We also stopped at Wal-Mart and I got a pattern to make Jimmie Dean a new shirt. I just happened to have some fleece fabric in the cedar chest.  See....if I didn't hoard fabric Jimmie wouldn't have a new shirt now!  He freaks every time we put clothes on him and just stands still or goes and lies down.  It's like if we need him to behave for company, all we have to do is put a sweater on him!  Bless his little heart.  Mickey thinks I am torturing him.  I think he likes the warmth!  He is so spoiled he lays on a heating pad on the couch in the summer.

Max day 5 and JD's new shirt 013

I finally got him to realize that this huge basket of worms is warm.  That's his ferret on top of him.  Maybe we are both mean!!!  Mickey did that.

JD in worm basket 013

We put the red slip cover on the couch this weekend too.  Lovin' that!  I'll share some photos with you later.

Have a great week,

Peace

Sheri

7 comments:

Kim said...

JD looks so cute in that basket of worms. Millie likes to be warm too - cuddles under a blanket all summer. It must be because they are both so small. (and spoiled) :)

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Jimmy Dean is just the cutest little thing. Oh, and that sweater LOL, too cute! I tease a friend of mine all the time that her dog will need therapy with the way she dresses it, and to please not put a mirror in front of it. But your sweater is adorable. All snug and cozy in those worms too!
The computer sure can suck up your time is right! I sit and look at people's friends of friends of friends, and the hours just roll on by......
Can't wait to see your red slip cover and Max is turning out wonderful. So different!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Sheri ~
Jimmie Dean is just too sweet! Very cute sweater. When we first got our Loocie and put clothes on her, she was the same way as JD. She would freeze in position and not move. Too funny. I don't dress her often, but she is pretty much used to it.
The computer sure can eat up time. My downfall is blog hopping.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

The rug you are hooking is beautiful!! It looks very complicated!
Jimmy Dean is just adorable!!

Kim said...

I just realized I forgot to comment on Max. I can't believe how much you have completed. It looks awesome. When you first posted I couldn't imagine how you were going to keep all the colors straight, but coloring in the backing was genius.

Taos Sunflower said...

I love how your cat is coming along. Question (possibly incredibly stupid question): what do you mean by "visual journaling"?

Unknown said...

oh my is your yorkie's jacket awesome- Krumpet would love one!
hope you come to the Barn Chick Party!

Karen