I did this piece for a challenge and I can't remember Where the challenge was!!! The theme was hooking something round. Anyone else involved in the challenge? I love it anyway. So glad I did it. I had the pattern for years and this just got me motivated to do it. I used a real pumpkin stem that I saved and dried from last year. (See it IS handy to be a hoarder) It is JoEllen's pattern.
Also I've made some progress on the cat rug. His name is Max, I found out.
You probably can't even see it. But it was really bugging me. So here's contemplating using my Usual linen!
Not liking the red color I chose. You guessed it...I pulled it out and made another color choice. Again...lucky I'm a wool hoarder too!
OK, now I love the pinkish/purple color. But I HAVE to rip out the outline of his nose. I used black yarn on it and it's looking scraggly already. Just imagine what it would look like by the time I hook everything else and drag my hands and arms over it. On the other outlines I just hand cut the wool. I can only get it so small though. I'm wondering what a 2 or 3 cut with a cutting machine looks like. I simply can't cut it any smaller with scissors!
I may be able to hook some of the oranges in the upper left corner today. I'm getting WEIRD on the color planning! If my ProChem dyes would just arrive in the mail I could continue! Tammy told me I can go over and borrow some of hers this evening if mine doesn't arrive today.
Tomorrow morning I'll be at the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K walk. I'll be in the registration booth. Come by and see me and give me your cash! It's at Jordan Valley Park...right by the Cardinals ball field.
Have a great weekend! And please stop by and make a donation tomorrow.