Monday, August 25, 2008

Halloween cat

Meet Henry-The Primitive Black Cat by Maria Barton. This made up so quickly!! I started last night and finished the hooking. Today I put him together. I think the sewing part took longer than the hooking. I am not a seamstress. I have a new sewing maching, but that doesn't mean I know how to use it very well.

The pattern was in last years Sept/Oct issue of Rug Hooking magazine. I have had it drawn on linen since then, but just now got around to hooking it.

I got fantastic news on the phone today. After a four month wait, I have been approved for my long term disability for fibromyalgia and migraine headaches. I had two of my doctors tell them I could not work, but they still wanted me to go to one of "their" doctors. Well he agreed. It has been a very stressful time for me. Knowing I don't feel like working eight hours a day, but also knowing that the mortgage is going on whether or not I can work. I started sobbing after the news. Relief....the pain has made me depressed anyway, but not knowing if I could do my part in paying the bills has been very stressful. You know today it seems like there have to be two incomes to just survive. I don't know how single people or people on minimum wage do it.

Also, I have finished my Wool Snippets geometric challenge rug. I think I will make it into a pillow. Can't show a picture of it though. Not until after Sept. 30th.

I hope now I can relax and hopefully hook some items for sale on ebay or etsy. I just read Tammy's switching to ecrater because of ebay's continuing changes and charges. I will check that out before I list anything for sale.

Hope you have a great week....

Sheri

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sheri, Mr. Black Cat is really cute. I love his plaid pants and tie.
Happy to hear things have worked out for you with the disability.

katie

JoJo said...

Congratulations, Sheri, on finally making your way through the disability process and getting approved. I haven't worked outside the home since '90 so there's no disability pay for me. But I honestly can't imagine dealing with the pain if I had to get up and go to work every day. That ~~~~ and the unrelenting exhaustion that accompanies this syndrome/disease. I hope the relief of being approved makes your life easier and happier. Feel free to come to Fibre and Fibro and whine/complain/dump or just chat anytime. I'm monitoring daily for new posts.

Love your black cat. I don't sew unless I have to and right now, I've got a broken needle on the machine that I need to replace. Oh, it's just a good excuse to NOT use the darn thing!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Sheri ~ your cat is great ~ you are a speedy little hooker!! And glad things worked out for you re: disability. I know little about fibromyalgia but it sounds miserable! Take Care
Alice

Mary Stanley said...

Sheri...love your Black cat!!!Thanks for your visit to my Blog, too.
Best wishes,
Mary