Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our shabby bedroom

Thought I'd show you some photos of our shabby bedroom. My husband is a real trooper!! This is the only room in the house that is this shabby ~ romantic. The rest is more cottage style.

Here's the headboard wall. The headboard is an old door from an armoire we were going to rebuild but never did. The pillows I made from a dresser scarf, placemats and a dollar store doily. I made the wreath too. I copied this whole room from a magazine page in Country Living. It is by Magnolia Pearl, whose link I have listed on the right.


The next is my night table. I made the hanging wreath light by painting a grapevine wreath white and wrapping it with Christmas lights and sparkly thingys.



Wreath close up. I hung it from 3 wires that I twisted at the top and just ran the cord down the wall.




A little corner vignette

A hand me down chest and a door I got at a garage sale!! The chest was a dark green and the door had Years of stain and paint on it. Nothing pink and white paint and a few mismatched knobs won't fix!Corner shelf. The shell on the bottom shelf is a lamp! Flea market purchase of course.You can see the walls in this photo pretty good. In the magazine pic I was copying, she had wood planks on her walls. Well I couldn't or didn't want to do that so I painted them to look like wood!

This was the buffet in our dining room before I shabbified it. Now it's my dresser.

The "sheers" are a tablecloth. Notice on the chandolier the dripping wax? I used hot glue and let it drip down before I painted it. This was a gold when I got it. I love spray paint!!


Looking at the pics you can't tell the room is only 10 by 12 ft. Boy can I fill up a room. I can still get around and get in bed. That's all that matters. My motto is the more the better!!

I'll show you the kitchen tomorrow. AND I'm going to finish my "antique" rug today. Tonight is our hooking group at Simply Fibers and I'll buy the yarn to whip it with. I have decided not to use fringe because I'm putting it at the front door and I would be constantly straightening the fringe. You know the ADHD thing!?!

Have a wonderful day and...

Never let yesterday use up too much of today.

Will Rogers

Peace, Sheri

1 comment:

Jacque. said...

oh Sheri...I am going to remember your bedroom. It's gorgeous! A bit girly for me, but some very nice ideas! You rock!