Saturday, July 26, 2008

The county fair!

Hi Ya'll. You know I don't think I've ever used the word ya'll. This whole county fair thing has me being a real country gal. Last night we went to the Ozarks Empire Fair. We had a ball. I thought I would show you some pics of the exhibits we enjoyed. Mostly rugs, some quilts and cross stitching, etc.



This next quilt blew my husband away! He's still talking about it this morning. We can't tell exactly how she did the faces. Are they printed on the farbic, like a transfer?





Do you recognize her? She's mine and she got a second place ribbon!! Talk about humbling.



We loved the cardinal. Hmm... that would go in my house. I'm so sorry the names of the artists didn't show up in the photos.




We've got talent in these Ozarks hills...


This is Renee's from our hooking group. I love proddy but haven't done it yet.This is hers too. A girl after my heart... a pink lamby. I'm such a girl. LOL




Best primitive design. I love it!

OK, this blew ME away.... my dh (Mickey) said, "hey Sheri come down here and look at this rug... it has three ribbons on it.......... AND IT'S YOURS!!!!" Really, I almost fell over when I saw it. I totally did this for fun with NO expectations of a ribbon. This rug hangs in our living room and I told him I'm keeping the ribbons on it when we hang it back up!



A lady in a nearby booth heard me squealing and offered to take our picture.


Ok no more bragging, but I've never won anything in my life. Back to the other talented artists......the next group is collage and painting.


We ate foot long corndogs..with a diet coke ...it cancels out the calories you know. Then I had to have a funnel cake, but we ordered it on the way out of the fair. It was too hot to sit on my lap, but I managed.

Great fun for a couple of old folks on a Friday night. If you have a county fair near you, by all means go. If nothing else to look at the people. That's a whole other story!!

Take care and...

Let the beauty we love be what we do.

Sheri

8 comments:

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Hi, just stumbled upon your blog from other blogs, what great photos of the fair, congrats on your ribbons, your rugs are awesome! Will visit your blog again soon.

Tammy Burks said...

See! I always told you, you should enter your rugs in the fair!!!

Big congratulations to you and I'm so PROUD to have you in my hooking group and to call you a friend!!!

ShabbySheep said...

Thanks for the congrats!!! I was really honored to be recognized with so many other talented hookers. I'm working on my antique replication now. Making great progress.
Sheri

Jacque. said...

Hey Sheri...just read your blog...you're crackin' me up! Love your sense of humor! Anyway, will have to add you to my blogroll so others will come visit you (like I have hundreds upon thousands visiting my blog that would then come to yours!{grin}). Anyway...congrats on the ribbons and I am envious that you have Tammy as a teacher. She is great!

Miccosukee said...

Sheri,
Congratulations on your wins at the fair! We have one here but I can't tell you if there is a category for rug hooking as it isn't that big around here. You are so lucky to leave where you do and have Tammy to bring out your natural talents.

You Rock!
trisha

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

HI Sheri!!!

a BIG CONGRATS to you for your outstanding hooking abilities!!!!

Thanks for doing my 'HERB ANGEL' justice, she came out just BEAUTIFUL!!!

Brenis said...

Sheri congratulations on all your ribbons!!! And how fun to go to the fair and see all these great things! Thank you for sharing them with the rest of us - pure eye candy!! :D Our state fair is 4 hours away, so unfortunately we don't get to experience it regularly! Makes it just that much better seeing other's pics of their fairs!! :)
hugs,
Bren

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You deserved it. My FIL loves to tell folks at his retirement center, "My son sleeps with the second best hooker in Texas." Your husband has waaaay more boasting rights! ha.

Again, congratulations on a job well done!
Susan