Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Demonstration garden

Last night right before sunset we went to a local park that has the master gardeners demonstration garden. I was supprised to find so much in bloom at this time of year.
This is the entrance...
There are these beautiful statues....
The "thyme" garden.
DON'T LOOK AT THE NEXT ONE IF YOU DON'T LIKE BUGS!!! It is June bugs as we call them on a sunflower stalk. GROSS... but interesting...
This one is a clematis seed pod. These will fluff out as they ripen, kind of like a dandelion.
This is cleome, which I have grown from seed. Now I wish I had sewn some this year. They are so beautiful, but they get big thorns on them!
Getting dark...

My hubby is mowing our lawn. Maybe tomorrow I'll have new pictures of our yard.

'Til then..

Let the beauty we love be what we do.

Sheri

1 comment:

JoJo said...

Loved your pictures! What beautiful gardens.